Unless you have been hiding under a rock, you have been exposed to the Joanna Gaines farmhouse decor trend. There is something soothing to the soul when you see antique/vintage decor displayed in our modern day kitchens. It feels comforting. It allows us to make our homes feel cozy; a place where people want to stay a while.
Though we love this decor, it can be difficult sometimes to figure out how to incorporate this style into our kitchens. Because let’s face it, we are not Joanna Gaines. Even though we all think we can be! I wanted to put together some decor ideas for y’all to inspire you and direct you on your journey of incorporating this trend into the kitchen.
1.Farmhouse Sink– Adding a farmhouse sink into your kitchen will immediately add that antique feel into your kitchen. My favorite farmhouse sink looks are either a white ceramic sink or a stainless steel sink. You can mount them under or over the countertop; whatever your heart desires!
Source: Country living
2. Farmer’s Market sign– I love antique/vintage signs. They add so much charm to a room. And what better than a sign that says Farmer’s Market. Takes us back in time to where life was a little slower; a little simpler. It is a perfect farmhouse touch for your kitchen.
3.E-A-T wooden letters– I absolutely love this idea to incorporate a farmhouse feel to your kitchen. It is eye catching and rustic. Not only are there rustic wooden letters, but I have seen them in different colors, even galvanized metal.
4.Hanging produce scale- I absolutely LOVE these. They are such a statement decor piece. Visitors will want to know where you got it, and I know the compliments will come rolling in!
5. Fruit wire basket wall display– I love finding ways to incorporate something unexpected into a kitchen/dining area. An accent decor piece that will always be a conversation piece. That is where this wire basket wall display comes in! It’s such an awesome way to add a touch of farmhouse style to your kitchen.
6. Open Shelves– If there is one thing Joanna Gaines loves to incorporate one thing in her kitchen design (other than shiplap) it is open shelving. It adds a unique look to a kitchen that normal cabinets can not achieve. To add a bit of industrial flair, you can go for a wooden shelf with black metal hardware.
7. Shiplap vent hood– This, too, is a kitchen statement piece. It will draw the eye as you enter your kitchen. It is a way to keep your kitchen bright and feeling larger and open. The incorporation of the wood just ties in this awesome farmhouse decor addition.
8. Barn door/chalkboard pantry door– I love this statement decor item for a kitchen pantry. A barn door is a perfect farmhouse decor addition to your kitchen.
9. Large wood island– This seems like a no brainer, but it is truly the perfect farmhouse decor item to add to your kitchen. It will instantly elevate your kitchen into a cozy and inviting space.
10. Three tier serving stand– This is my favorite decor piece to add some farmhouse style to the kitchen. There are endless options for what you can place on this stand to individualize your personal style. The serving stands can be wooden, galvanized, etc. so there are many options! Add your favorite farmhouse finds on this stand and your are on your way to have a farmhouse style kitchen!
11. Glass door cabinets– I used to cringe at the idea of using a glass door on a cabinet. I always thought that it would allow people to see the disaster I was hiding behind the door. From a decor standpoint, however, it can be the best way to add a soothing focal point in the kitchen. There is something about neatly arranged dinnerware that just makes me feel calm. I have come to the other side. I think this feature in a kitchen is much needed for that farmhouse feel.
Source: 1111 lightlane
12. Shelving decor– This is probably one of the easiest ways to add a farmhouse style to your kitchen. Put up shelving and decorate those shelves! The decor items you choose to put on your shelves will be a reflection of your farmhouse style. This is one of the first ways to incorporate farmhouse decor into your kitchen because it just takes a few decor items for a grand effect.
13. Rustic pendant lighting– The perfect way to add farmhouse character to a room is through a rustic lighting. There are so many interesting options available, you just have to find one that speaks to you! I am in love with the wire type pendant lights because I think they are unique and add just enough touch of farmhouse style.
Shop this look: globe pendant light
14. Crate cabinet drawers– This is a more “advanced” farmhouse decor addition. It will take a certain type of kitchen decor to pull these off. However, it is a conversation piece, and adds so much rustic charm to a kitchen.
Shop this look: distressed fruit crates
15. Open shelving canister display– The symmetry and organization of using canisters with open shelving is soothing. When everything is organized and in its place, it makes us feel relaxed. The open shelving adds the farmhouse touch to the space.
16. Antique water pitcher– I am a sucker for all things milk jugs and water pitchers. I love seeing them used in different ways. Most of all, I love seeing them used to hold flowers. They can be used in the kitchen, in the dining room, or in the living room. They are versatile pieces and will definitely add some farmhouse charm to your kitchen decor.
17. Coffee bar– There is nothing that says “come in and stay awhile” more than a quaint coffee bar. It’s also the perfect opportunity to amp up the farmhouse feel of your kitchen/dining area. Also, if you are a Rae Dunn addict like I am, it is an awesome way to showcase your collection. You can see my post about how to showcase your collection!
18. Decor over sink– I’m not sure why, but I don’t usually think about decorating over a sink. It is the perfect location to add some farmhouse charm!
19. Re-purposed garden tools– Using a garden tool in the kitchen is an unexpected twist in making your kitchen have a farmhouse feel. There are a lot of options, but this one is my favorite!
shop this look: recycled garden rake
20. Hanging kitchen utensils– Incorporating kitchen utensils as decor is a simple way to amp up your decor. Add an interesting way to display them and you’ve hit a home run!
21. Cotton stems– There is nothing that says farmhouse more than cotton stems. They are so versatile and can be used in so many different ways. They can also be used in any room! Put them in a water pitcher and you have instant farmhouse style!
Source: It all started with paint
22. Re-purposed kitchen utensils– Need extra storage? Why not use tools you already have in your kitchen? This is a simple way to add character and farmhouse style into your kitchen.
23. Rustic wall planter– Bringing the outside indoors is a wonderful way to instantaneous add farmhouse charm!
Source: Magnolia Market
Shop this look: wall planters
24. Farm animal figurines– This look is a more traditional farmhouse decor item. Even though it is more traditional, it is still a perfect way to achieve that farmhouse feel.
Source: Magnolia Market
Shop this look: pig card holder
25. Wreath/burlap/sign decor– A greenery wreath is always a great pop of color in a kitchen. Add burlap and a cute sign, and you have the perfect addition of farmhouse style!
I hope these ideas have instilled inspiration in you to start adding a little farmhouse charm to your kitchen!
This post may contain affiliate links that are of no extra cost to you. They do, however, allow me to keep this blog up and running with the latest home decor ideas, style, and travel inspiration for y’all!