Do y’all ever feel like you have wonderful decor ideas in your head, but then struggle to make them a reality? I know I have! I buy all of this cute decor, bring it home, and then just stare at the area I want to decorate, lost. I mean, so many people make it look easy. Their decor looks like a professional decorator just waved a magic wand!
I have learned along the way how to use decor to make an area look visually appealing, and I want to teach you and give you ideas so you can be the decorating rock stars I know you are!
These are items that will ensure your console table will be successfully decorated.
- Balance– There must be a sense of balance in the decor choices you make. I always find that symmetry is a huge factor in a visually appealing decor. The balance and symmetry will come from your outside portions of the table. My favorite choices are lamps and candlesticks. You can get the height balance on each side, while still being able to incorporate different items you choose. You can place a lamp on one side and a group of different height candlesticks on the opposite side. Balance will make your heart sing and is the foundation for decorating a console table.
- Grounding– What is grounding, you ask? Grounding is using a larger piece of decor in the center of the decor. This item will be on the wall or placed in the center back portion of the table. Grounding is necessary because it draws your eye to the center of the decor; a focal point. My favorite items for grounding are signs, wreaths, rustic windows, or interesting art.
- Greenery– Adding greenery to the decor is appealing because it gives dimension to your decor. It is also a way to add a pop of color. Topiary balls and sage boxes are my favorite greenery pieces.
- Baskets– Baskets are life y’all! They are the texture needed in your console decor. Not only do they add texture, but they also add storage! And who doesn’t need more storage in their life! Place these baskets under the table for added balance as well, almost like a space filler. I like wicker baskets best, but you can use wire baskets or galvanized tubs as well.
- Filler– Add filler to the table once you get all of the main, larger pieces placed. These items should be shorter in nature to also balance the height of the outer decor pieces. Stacked books, figurines, and picture frames are perfect pieces.
Home decor momma knocks this console table out of the park! It is so visually appealing, balanced, and contains all the right elements for a successfully decorated console table.
@kristieh14 does an amazing job giving her console table balance. I like how she added different pieces at the bottom of her table to keep things interesting!
Shanty-2-chic does a great job with using the less is more approach to her console decor. I love the symmetry of this table; it is so comforting.
Coastal Crafty Mama uses her sign to give the perfect grounding of her console table. I also love the two lamps that give the table great balance and symmetry.
@home_sweet_homedecor uses an all neutral color pallet with her console table. The balance and grounding are great; love the use of the mirror. The basket and sign give the table dimension. The only thing I would change with this table, is adding greenery to the galvanized bucket on the top of the table. I think it would give the table more depth and a pop of color. Otherwise, great table decor!
I hope these examples have helped you visualize the elements that are needed in a successfully decorated console table. I hope it inspires you to get out there and be the home decor rock stars y’all are!
This post contains affiliate links that are of no extra cost to you. They do, however, allow me to continue giving you the latest and greatest home decor inspiration and tips!